Re: PET PEEVE #3148

Subject: Re: PET PEEVE #3148
From: Rick Lippincott <rjl -at- BOSTECH -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 1995 11:06:27 EDT

Misti Delaney said:

>I don't know of many really fine technical writers who didn't end
>up in the field out of love for the craft.

Probably true, but many of us take a strange route to get there. I think
this is in part because at the secondary eduction levels, there's very
little information to suggest tech writing is an available career choice.
(At least it wasn't where I was.) So many folks end up with varied
backgrounds. A guy not too far from me is a former truck driver/construction
worker. My background was originally in broadcast journalism. And there
are probably a million other stories out there.

I think that -this- was the intent of the original posting.

Rick Lippincott
Boston Technology
Wakefield, MA
rjl -at- bostech -dot- com