Front Desk Examples

Subject: Front Desk Examples
From: Jonathan Leer <jleer -at- MV -dot- MV -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 1995 16:23:03 -0400

I am writing an article about "Making or Breaking a Business at the Front Desk."
I need real-life examples of behavior that has hurt a business or enhanced the
relationship between customer and business. If you can think of an example,
I would appreciate the following:

* your name and phone number/email address (I will have to quote you)
* the name and type of business used in the example
* the circumstances for the example (e.g., a call inquiring about services)
* what happened
* why the actions at the front desk hurt or enhanced the business
* how the behavior (if bad) could be modified for positive results

I will consider any examples. Some I have encountered:
* Front desk of a leading software company answers the phone without saying name
of business
* Medical secretary is rude on the phone.
* When I called an equipment rental agency, the secretary recognized the
opportunity to sell me on their
experience and customer service.

Any other thoughts on this subject are appreciated.
Thank you for your time,

Jon Leer
Business and Technical Writer