dtp software for Windows

Subject: dtp software for Windows
From: Bob Morrisette <Robert -dot- Morrisette -at- EBAY -dot- SUN -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 1995 08:16:25 -0700

I agree with the software recommendations given so
far except for hard disk capacity. I know that anyone
who buys a 320 MB HD will be sorry in six months,
especially if you are doing DTP work. You can add a
second HD, but that is not the ideal solution.

With HD prices declining rapidly, the minimum size
you should consider is 850 MB. Locally, they sell for
$189. A 1,342 MB SCSI-II is only $259.

The same is happening in CD-ROM drives. Quad-speed
drives are under $200 and double-speed drives have
gone the way of 2400 bps modems.

Bob Morrisette
writer -at- sabu -dot- EBay -dot- Sun -dot- COM