Re: Progressive Lenses

Subject: Re: Progressive Lenses
From: Marc Santacroce <santa -at- CCNET -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 1995 07:05:13 -0700

At 8:35 7/6/95, George Hayhoe wrote:
>Like Kat Nagel, I also wear progressive lenses--have been using them for
>about two years, and they're great. The intermediate distance part of the
>lens is ideal for viewing the computer monitor, as well as for other
>similarly distanced objects (like the various gauges on my car's dashboard).

>The only drawback is their cost--about $250 for the lenses.

>I realized just how wonderful these lenses are a few months back when I got
>my first pair of bifocals when buying a pair of sunglassess because my
>insurance program wouldn't cover the progressive lenses and I didn't want to
>pay big bucks for glasses I don't wear a lot. After a few long car trips the
>past few weeks, I wish now that I'd spent the money!

>--George Hayhoe (GFHayhoe -at- aol -dot- com)
============
Anyone have experience with "computer glasses". Are these a marketing
gimmick, or do they really differ from bifocals?

Regards,

Marc

Tecnical Writer Arts & Letters
175 Sierra Dr. # 307 Walnut Creek, CA 94596
santa -at- ccnet -dot- com 510-944-9814 (H)
santa -at- tfs -dot- com 510-645-3469 (W)

"An idiot with a computer is a better, faster idiot."