Re: boom - Health advisory

Subject: Re: boom - Health advisory
From: Herman Holtz <holtz -at- PALTECH -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 1995 12:46:52 -0400

>If you need corrective lenses for working at a monitor, I think the
>best thing is to get glasses that are just for that.

I had a special pair of bifocals made for use at the monitor. They worked
okay as long as I was in DOS with my 15" monitor, but when I went to Windows
and Word, with the smaller, lighter fonts on a white screen, I was straining
badly to read the screen. I went back to my original idea of using reading
glasses, made from my bifocals, and that solve my problems. I now work in
DOS or Windows programs with complete ease.

***
Herman Holtz [holtz -at- paltech -dot- com] Marketing consultant, general and
technical writing services. Author 60+ books, including best-
selling How to Succeed as an Independent Consultant (John Wiley).
PO Box 1731, Wheaton, MD 20915. 301-649-2499; fax: 301-649-5745