Re[2]: Portfolio contents

Subject: Re[2]: Portfolio contents
From: Kendall Robinson <krobinson -at- PRIMAVERA -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 1995 08:36:30 LCL

>> I'm working to put together my first portfolio. I think I need to include
>> examples of various types of writing but do I need to include samples from
>> various tools? Would it be advisable to do the same document in
>> PageMaker, Quark, and FrameMaker?

> My advice is: It isn't necessary. That's like showing the hammer you
> used to build a house: Who cares? Just use the best-looking examples of
> each TYPE of work (e.g., graphics, book), and in your resume, list the
> tools you use the most.

The layout and the tool are pretty independent (hopefully!). If I've got
a great layout that I've developed in Frame, and I'm all of the sudden
forced to use Word, I'll re-create my great layout in Word. No one should
be able to tell whether I've used Frame or Word to create the document.
All they see is a great looking document.

I agree with the above advice. Just tell them that you know all these
tools.

Kendall
krobinson -at- primavera -dot- com