Re: Health advisory: neck and shoulder pain

Subject: Re: Health advisory: neck and shoulder pain
From: Donna Menk <Donna_Menk -at- PC -dot- RADIAN -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 1995 09:55:08 CDT

Geoff:

Excellent advice! Even after setting my monitor correctly, I was still
having some problems with my neck--old whiplash injury. :( My eye
doctor suggested that I get a separate pair of glasses that are the
strength of the "reading" portion of my bifocals and wear those when
I'm working at the monitor for long stretches. This has worked very
well for me; check with your own doctor, though.

Another ergonomic essential is a wrist support. I have one for my
keyboard, and I believe that has helped. The one I *really* rely on,
though, is an odd-looking dealie that supports my wrist when I'm doing
mouse work. It clamps onto my desk, and it's adjustable to accommodate
a variety of support positions. This little thing has been a life
saver (wrist saver?).

Thanks for the post!

Donna
donna_menk -at- radian -dot- com