Re: Conversion: WP51 to Word 6

Subject: Re: Conversion: WP51 to Word 6
From: Romay Jean Sitze <rositze -at- NMSU -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 1995 23:05:33 -0600

On Thu, 29 Jun 1995, marianne lambelet wrote:

> Has anyone found a somewhat 'painless' way to convert documents from
> WordPerfect 5.1 to Word 6? Apparently, even though Word 6 claims to
> be able to convert WP 5.1 documents, there are still plenty of
> glitches. Also, some of our documents include complex WordPerfect
> tables.

I've had very little trouble with straight text. However, there is
enough difference in the way tables work in the two programs that I would
expect some difficulty in transfering tables. I'm hoping that perhaps
someone with more extensive experience in this will be able to offer some
more useful ideas as this would be useful to many of us.

RoMay Sitze, rositze -at- nmsu -dot- edu