online diagnostics

Subject: online diagnostics
From: Joel Cambron <cambron -at- CIBADIAG -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 1995 08:26:37 -0400

My TC group is trying to name the diagnostics (troubleshooting) program that
resides on our chemistry instrument. We are thinking of calling it Online
Diagnostics, but we are not sure 'online' is correct for our audience. Our
general audience is medical technologists (US and ESL). Our fears about using
'online':

1. it will mean nothing
2. some will think it is a direct line to technical service

What do you think? Is 'online' too techie (jargon)? Is 'online' too general of a
term for a resident program?

Joel

joel -dot- cambron -at- cibadiag -dot- com
Moi, je n'en sais rien