Re: leave it in the locker room

Subject: Re: leave it in the locker room
From: The Tech Writer <techwrtr -at- CRL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 1995 06:47:52 -0700

On Mon, 26 Jun 1995, Kahn, Stacey wrote:

> John Renis privately mailed me:

[snip (keeping the quoting down, people!)]

> I stand by my comments. Looks and sex are totally irrelevant to a professional
> conversation .

> Further, I find it interesting that the only flames I have received for this
> response have been from men. Perhaps that's because harassment, or bullying,
is
> significantly less amusing when you're the one being harassed.

Well, I noticed quite a few postings from women regarding this post, but
I didn't see anyone addressing the problem I have with this post, so I
figured I'd make a short reply (though I am a male).

The first line says that John emailed Ms. Kahn *privately*. Did he give
her permission to broadcast the *private* message to everyone? Isn't this
extremely impolite? I've always understood that one does not repost
another's private email without first asking.

David Castro
techwrtr -at- crl -dot- com
http://www.crl.com/~techwrtr/index.html