Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 22 Jun 1995 to 23 Jun 1995

Subject: Re: TECHWR-L Digest - 22 Jun 1995 to 23 Jun 1995
From: Kat Nagel/MasterWork <katnagel -at- EZNET -dot- NET>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 1995 15:55:39 -0400

> >Tommy Trussel asked:

Herman Holtz replied:
>May I immodestly contribute information on relevant books that are my own
>products, published in large format paperback by Deaborn:
>The Complete Guide to Consulting Contracts and The Complete Guide to
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>Being an Independent Contractor. The contracts book has an optional
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>disk that goes with it to laod sample contracts and reference
>material into one's computer.

May I offer an independent evaluation? I've read this book, along with
several of his other publications, and found it *extremely* useful.

Three other books I can recommend are:

Electronic design and publishing business practices
Liane Sebastian (1992, ISBN 1-880559-03-X)

Guide to freelance rates and standard practice
National Writers Union (1995, ISBN 0-9644208-0-5)

Technical Writer's Freelancing Guide
Peter Kent (1992, ISBN 0-8069-5836-7)

@Kat
- view sig with monospaced font & 60char screen window -

Kat Nagel LIFE1 (techwriting) katnagel -at- eznet -dot- net
MasterWork LIFE2 (music) PlaynSong -at- aol -dot- com

/| God didn't specify where we should put periods
\'o.O' in relation to quotation marks. He spent his
=(___)= time trying to figure out how to make palm
U trees work and how to keep the lions from
eating all the giraffes. ___________Bill Blinn