Re: Consulting & Contract Job Information Wanted

Subject: Re: Consulting & Contract Job Information Wanted
From: Bonni Graham <bonnig -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 1995 15:24:22 -0700

Eric wrote:

> Along the same lines, do you generally use your own
> contracts or does the contracting company supply (or
> insist on) theirs? <snip>

I'm usually requested to create my own unless I'm going through a job
shop (they always have a standard one, but be sure to read it). I use
a nifty little program called It's Legal for Windows put out by Parsons
Technology (email me if you want the phone #). It's got all kinds of
clauses you can include (or not, unless they're required). You can
output straight to the printer, or send it to a text file in case
there's something NOT covered in their boilerplate (rare -- I've only
had it happen once, and it was an older version). It's clear, but
legal, and supplies all sorts of text on each parties' rights and
responsibilities.

Bonni Graham
Manual Labour
"If they have to look it up, they're already aggravated!"
B. Block, San Diego Technical Writer