Re: Q: (mac) Freehand to Word?

Subject: Re: Q: (mac) Freehand to Word?
From: "Keith S. Wilkinson" <keithw -at- LSI -dot- YOKOGAWA -dot- CO -dot- JP>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 1995 15:50:04 JST

>>Any mac user know how to export a graphic from Freehand 3.1 into Word 5.1
without the whole thing deteriorating into a horrible bitmap...

>Select the Freehand thingy (whichever part you need...or all), hold down the
option key, and choose COPY from the Edit menu.

Option-copy (copy with postscript) sometimes works, but results are uneven.
I've heard that this is because MS Word uses a special own clipboard format
(the standard clipboard can't handle objects over a certain size, 64KB?,
anyway).
If you convert your graphic to Adobe Illustrator, read it into a new MS Word
document, then copy & paste to the target document, it works more
consistently...
EPS-with-preview (bitmap) file format should also work.
I gather that the PICT is what Word displays, but you need the postscript
embedded
in the PICT bitmap to get a pretty printout (to Word it looks like a PICT,
but it prints as Postscript).