Re: Are You Converting Publications to Web Pages for a BIG Site?

Subject: Re: Are You Converting Publications to Web Pages for a BIG Site?
From: Andrew Haigh <ahaigh -at- IMAGEN -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 1995 21:27:10 GMT

For anyone considering using PDF as a format for moving
their documents onto the Web, an alternative to be considered
is RTC, rich-text-compressed. Our RTC viewer is far superior to
Adobe's Acrobat in that it is an order of magnitude smaller
than Adobe's PDF viewer, it supports http-hyperlinks to other
documents, the file size is considerably smaller (averaging
20-30k with images), and can be used with any word-processor
capable of saving files to RTF format. Check out our home pages
for more information.

Andrew Haigh
Imagen Communications
http://www.imagen.net