HELP! Online help tools for UNIX?

Subject: HELP! Online help tools for UNIX?
From: Phil Block <pblock -at- EXECPC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 1995 18:46:33 GMT

I am preparing a documentation plan for an undocumented
character-based OEM application (heavily modified version of Adapt! by
Bond Associates of Richmond, VA). It runs on UNIX platforms. The local
implementation is in SCO UNIX. Users connect to the server via Windows
PCs running TinyTerm.

My project involves creation of three paper manuals, but now the
customer is asking about on-line help, too. I am familiar with
standard Windows help tools like D2H, RoboHelp, ForeHelp, etc., but
I'm a UNIX newbie. Do any tools exist to create help that can be
grafted onto an existing UNIX application? What are my options?

Creation of the paper documentation will occur on a Windows PC running
MS-Word 6.0. For what it's worth, the UNIX app has WordPerfect 5.1 for
UNIX bundled into it. Could this be useful for online help purposes?

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

Phil Block
(pblock -at- execpc -dot- com)
Technical Documentation Analyst