Re: Help with graphics files

Subject: Re: Help with graphics files
From: Suzanne Townsend <ac158 -at- CCN -dot- CS -dot- DAL -dot- CA>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 1995 15:31:58 -0300

On Wed, 14 Jun 1995, Joe Fockler wrote:

> I need help with some graphics files. I have DXF and EPS files created
> (and exported) with AutoCAD 12.

If you export a .PLT file by using "print to file" after selecting the HP
plotter as the output device (even tho you're printing to file), you
shouldn't have any problem importing into CorelDraw. (Caveat: I don't
have my cheat sheet in front of my and am writing this from memory. The
name of the plotter may be more specific than what I've noted.)

> When I try
> to import the EPS file into FrameMaker 4 (UNIX on SunOS 4.1.3 and Frame 4
> on PC) I get an error message that it is not a valid AI file.

I get a similar problem, but not with FrameMaker (I don't use it --
yet) but rather CorelDraw (yes, 3.0), which is
that when I try to import an EPS file created in Adobe Illustrator I
*must* use the .AI extension, *not* the EPS extension, for CorelDraw to
import it successfully.

I'd be interested to hear of your final solution. Hope this helps.

Suzanne Townsend <ac158 -at- ccn -dot- cs -dot- dal -dot- ca>
"So you come to a 'T' stop, you know,
where there's only one way you can
turn, right or left."
-- Roncaism of the Week --