Re: Salary History of Salary Expectations?

Subject: Re: Salary History of Salary Expectations?
From: Emily Sopensky <ESIris -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 1995 15:18:25 -0400

>It's frustrating to spend time interviewing someone, thinking
>they might be a fine addition to the team, only to find out that
>their expectations don't match their skill in this area.

Perhaps this is a matter of putting your technical communication skills to
use. 1)Learn how to read someone's resume--believe me their are plenty of
clues. 2)If you're getting them to the interview stage without talking or
qualifying them in some fashion, take a course on sales or neogtiation. 3)
Ask for the applicant's salary expectations NOT a salary history!

Emily Sopensky
Austin