comma or semicolon?

Subject: comma or semicolon?
From: Myke Wilder <cmwanddcl -at- INFOBAHNOS -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 1995 12:23:16 +0100

Timothy Schablin <timothy -at- ESKIMO -dot- COM> wrote:

Check this one out. Would you use a comma instead?

Atlas Inc. consist of a scientific team; combining thier experience
and education to provide you with the highest quality products.

One of my books says a comma, the other book says a smicolon.

thanks for your help,

________________

Forget the puctuation and try re-writing the sentance to make sense. Atlas
Inc. cannot consist or a scientific team. Atlas Inc. consists of staff,
management, plant facilities and and many other resources (I assume). A
team cannot be scientific, however the members of a team can be scientists.

The staff of Atlas Inc. consists of a team of scientists who, combining
their experience and education, provide you with (insert appropriate noun
relating to industry, ie. engineering, graphic software) products of the
highest quality.

Myke Wilder

Les Communications Myke Wilder (Montreal)
Communications as a problem-solving tool? Quel concept!