Project management software

Subject: Project management software
From: Emily Skarzenski <71220 -dot- 341 -at- COMPUSERVE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 1995 14:24:25 EDT

I've used MS Project, and think it's OK for documentation projects, but not
great. Plus, it's a lot of work to set up. I've since abandoned official project
management software and I use a simple table I made up in Word.

For those of you fishing around for alternatives to MS Project, however, check
out SureTrak by Primavera. It's a fairly new product, a stripped-down version of
their big-$$$ Primavera Project Planner. PC Computing rated it higher than MS
Project (see March 1995, p. 80). Also, I know their documentation is
excellent--it wins STC awards every year.

Emily Skarzenski
(soon-to-be-ex) Manager, Technical Publications
Fastech, Inc. - Broomall, PA
71220 -dot- 341 -at- compuserve -dot- com