Salary history

Subject: Salary history
From: Richard Mateosian <srm -at- C2 -dot- ORG>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 1995 09:44:33 -0700

>> Only those resumes that include salary history will be considered.

>I would be curious to see a sample response

OK. Here's a sample response.

SALARY HISTORY
A long time ago I used to mow lawns for $3.00/hr. The going rate was about
$1.50, but I insisted on more. Other people who charged less often got more
work than I did, but when I worked, I never felt resentful.

I was good at lawn mowing, which was one reason my approach worked. Over the
years I have become extremely good at other tasks, and I still use the same
principles for setting my rates.

I'll be happy to discuss rates for your job after I've had a chance to
discuss it with you.

I hope that helps. ...RM

Richard Mateosian VP, STC Berkeley Chapter
Freelance Technical Writer srm -at- c2 -dot- org Review Editor, IEEE Micro