Re: I really like Word...

Subject: Re: I really like Word...
From: "Susan W. Gallagher" <sgallagher -at- STARBASECORP -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 1995 10:18:37 -0700

Douglas Thayer wrote...

> ...but we are still finding problems. This time, when we make local
> changes to a paragraph but do not redefine the paragraph's style (in
> other words, we override attributes of the applied style), the changes
> are discarded the next time we open the file. This used to be so
> simple in Word 2.0...

There's a checkbox *somewhere* that's labeled "automatically
update styles" -- I think it's on the dialog where you attach
styles sheets to the document (try File>Template for starters).

The logical thing would be to only update the styles when you
first attach the template to the document, but the checkbox
doesn't ever quit -- so once you've attached the template
and updated the styles once, go back and uncheck the silly
little thing (unless, of course, you're constantly updating the
template from multiple documents -- then this is a good thing!).

-Sue Gallagher
sgallagher -at- starbasecopr -dot- com