Re[2]: Hypothetical Un-PC Questions....

Subject: Re[2]: Hypothetical Un-PC Questions....
From: "Arlen P. Walker" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 1995 09:09:00 -0600

John Renish makes a good point. The "acceptable" term for any ethnic group can
be extremely hard to pin down. We've covered another such group here just
recently (Handicapped, Disabled, Differently Abled, Physically Challenged). I
have a theory why it changes, but that doesn't avoid having to deal with it.

There's no real easy answer here. The best thing you can do is go to the
audience, go to the people who will be reading the labels and working with the
terms and ask them. And be prepared to change them all the next time the fashion
changes.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 124