Re: Communicator or Writer?

Subject: Re: Communicator or Writer?
From: Laurie Rubin <lmr -at- SYL -dot- NJ -dot- NEC -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 1995 08:59:44 -0400

My career has taken the same direction as Sue described. I think of
myself as a generalist in technical communications. For resumes, I use
human factors analyst,since my summary of experience spans all user-oriented
tasks, from task analysis to windows design (not coding) to usability testing
to documentation. In my current assignment, I perform all of these tasks, and
when I send reports to management, I decided to use a department title of
"Technical Communications."

After 16 years of experience, I am still trying to figure out how to address
myself, since I do not do just one type of job!

Laurie