teachers

Subject: teachers
From: Jeffrey A Pittman <jeffp -at- CLARK -dot- EDU>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 1995 13:57:44 -0700

Techwirlers:

It isn't the teachers or the students, it is our societal attitudes
toward discipline in the classroom. Back in the middle-ages when Truman
was President and I was at St. Cathrines Acadamy, one Dominican nun with
a yard stick had virtually no trouble teaching 50 students how to read,
write, and 'cipher. And, to emphisize the point, although we attended
classes only eight months a year, but we still scored higher on our yearly
state exams than our class year required. Why? Because we had to shut up
and learn. If we straggled in late, we were gone. If we back-talked Sister
Whoever, we were gone. And, if you were kicked out, you had to attend
(shudder) public school.

Boy, I'm glad I got that off my chest.
Feel free to flame me on this one.

Jeffrey A. Pittman
Tutorial Materials Designer
Clark College

* Your Thoughts, * Jeffrey A. Pittman *
* Dreams, * 1552 Ryan Allen rd. *
* And Ideas * Stevenson, WA 98648 *
* Are Like Balloons...* (509) 427-8380 *
* KEEP 'EM FLYING! * jeffp -at- clark -dot- edu *