RE(2) OED

Subject: RE(2) OED
From: Kat Nagel/MasterWork <katnagel -at- EZNET -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 1995 18:45:13 -0400

Stephen P. Victor wrote:
-------------------------------
I got a copy of OED several years ago when I subscribed
to the Book of the Month Club. The entire set had been
reduced to two bulky volumes, which were packaged with
a magnifying glass (the only way you can read the tiny
text). Needless tosay, I rarely use my OED. :)
-------------------------------

The teensy print is inconvenient, but it doesn't stop me from using my
copy. The typeface is very clear and quite readable. In fact, I used to
be able to read it with naked eyes by flickering firelight. Now, of
course, I need bright light and a good magnifier (DAMN these trifocals!).
I use it for work, to settle arguments <deleteword> differences of
linguistic opinion with my husband, and as one of three dictionaries we
keep available for Scrabble games.

@Kat
- view sig with monospaced font & 60char screen window -

Kat Nagel LIFE1 (techwriting) katnagel -at- eznet -dot- net
MasterWork LIFE2 (music) PlaynSong -at- aol -dot- com

/| Never retract, never explain,
\'o.O' never apologize...
=(___)= get the thing done and let them howl.
U ______Nellie McClery