Re: Fast saves - Word

Subject: Re: Fast saves - Word
From: Marc Santacroce <santa -at- TFS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 1995 11:47:32 -0800

>There's another side effect to Fast Saves. Many programs which claim to read
>Word-formatted files can't read "Fast Save" files.

>Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- Com
===========
Fast save has caused me problems in converting between Windows and Mac
formats. I don't know if the problem still exists with 6.0, but MS put out
a patrch to 5.1, called 5.1a that is supposed to solve any problems caused
by fast save. It seems to wrok, but to be safe, I just turn FS off.

Technical Writer/Trainer TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
300 Lakeside Dr. Oakland, CA 94612-3540
(510) 645-3469 (W) (510) 944-9814 (H)
santa -at- tfs -dot- com (W) santacroce -at- aol -dot- com (H)

"An idiot with a computer is a better, faster idiot!"