Re: favorite quotes (Error correction)

Subject: Re: favorite quotes (Error correction)
From: Rose Wilcox <RWILC -at- FAST -dot- DOT -dot- STATE -dot- AZ -dot- US>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 1995 11:07:00 PDT

Re: the long quote list I posted last week.
It contains an error:
>"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler."
>-- Occum

This is the second time I have misattributed this same quote on a list and
been corrected. The first time I quoted it, I attributed it to Albert
Einstein. The correct attribution is:

--William of Occam

The phrase is known as Occam's Razor.

My thanks to MadZeno on the WordPlay-L and to Harvey Millman on this list
for their corrections. My apologies to the rest of the list for the wrong
attribution.

Sincerely,
Rosie Wilcox
rwilc -at- fast -dot- dot -dot- state -dot- az -dot- us
ncrowe -at- primenet -dot- com
"But their love for and fluency with words is what makes wizards a force to
be reckoned with.... With them a wizards can stop a tidal wave, talk a tree
out of growing or into it -- freeze fire, burn rain -- *even slow down the
death of the Universe*. That last, of course, is the reason there *are*
wizards. See the next chapter."
Diane Duane "So You Want to Be a Wizard"