Re: GETTING MARRIED? MUST READ (ADVERTISEMENT)

Subject: Re: GETTING MARRIED? MUST READ (ADVERTISEMENT)
From: Jody Kyle/MANUGISTICS <manu!manu -dot- com!Jody_Kyle -at- UUNET -dot- UU -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 1995 12:42:32 EDT

Lately I've seen several advertisements on the various groups that I lurk on
and it makes my blood boil to see such abuse of the Internet. It makes me
especially frustrated because I feel so helpless to stop it.

On this particular occasion I happened to recognize the address of L. Parker as
belonging to one of the university computers at George Mason University in
Fairfax, VA. I called the Director of MIS and he informed me that he was
already aware of the problem. L. Parker apparently broadcast this message to
several lists. The Director himself belonged to a list that got blasted with
the message. As a result, L. Parker has had his computer accounts suspended
and will be meeting with university officials for a reprimanding and who knows
what else. I thought you might like to know that they don't always get away
with it.

Jody Kyle
Senior Technical Writer
Manugistics Inc.