Re: All Thumbs

Subject: Re: All Thumbs
From: Heilan Yvette Grimes <HEP2 -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 1995 08:12:37 -0400

>I originated the thumbs remark, throwing it in as a sig during one of the
>many discussions of the spaces-between-sentences issue, and I've used it
>continually as a sig ever since.
>||- Mark L. Levinson, mark -at- sd -dot- co -dot- il -- Box 5780, 46157 Herzlia, Israel -||
>|| If God intended 1 space between sentences, why do we have 2 thumbs? ||

Sorry to disappoint you, Mark, but that thumbs remark was printed on a big
poster that was pinned on a bulletin board in my ninth grade typing class
back in 1964. The publisher of our typing books had sent around posters to
all the schools that used their books. The poster consisted of that
expression as well as about nine other funny typing sentences. It was also
used by a comedian in the 1960's named Sam Levinson, a former school teacher,
who would tell school-related jokes. He sometimes co-hosted the Tonight show
with Florence Henderson when Johnny was on vacation.

--Yvette