Re: presentations (marketing)

Subject: Re: presentations (marketing)
From: Matt Ion <mion -at- DIRECT -dot- CA>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 1995 12:46:28 EDT

On Fri, 2 Jun 1995 12:40:27 PDT you wrote:

>On the other hand, aside from those pretzel ads on tv, how many feature fat,
>bald men? How many feature sexy women? Isn't this true across a broad
>spectrum of media (e.g., Cosmopolitan, Playboy, Time, your local newspaper)?
>Sexy women get our attention, pretty much regardless of who we are. They
>certainly got the attention of everybody who's been running this thread.

Heheheh, no kidding.

Okay, so it makes sense that you see sexy women on the covers of most
men-oriented magazines...

But why are they also the most common and obvious feature of the covers of
most womens' magagines as well?

Don't bother answering that, it was rhetorical.

>One might complain about the analogy on PC grounds, but it stands the test
>of effectiveness.

I'm glad someone thinks so.

Personally, I'm proud to be Politically Incorrect. George Orwell wasn't
wrong, he was just off by a decade or two.

>Finally, we are responsible only for what we write, not for what people read
>into it. The argument is reminiscent of the story of the patient who saw sex
>in every Rorschach card. When the psychiatrist challenged the patient as
>being obsessed with the topic, the patient replied, "Me!? *You're* the one
>showing all the dirty pictures!"

Yes! I love that little tale. Of course, I fully expect some PC psychiatrist
to stumble across this post and complain... <sigh> what're ya gonna do?

Opinions expressed / ROCK-IT SCIENCE Mobile Audio and Security
do not necessarily /| ...the 1040 MIDI & Music BBS Technical Services
reflect those of any [ SOUNDMAN Internet mion -at- direct -dot- ca Fido 1:153/7106
marginally sane human \| WWW http://www.musicwest.com/1040bbs/
being anywhere. \ FAX: (604)253-8312 DATA: (604)732-4446