Re: Win95 and WinHelp Buttons - Problem

Subject: Re: Win95 and WinHelp Buttons - Problem
From: Matt Ion <mion -at- DIRECT -dot- CA>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 1995 12:24:50 EDT

On Fri, 2 Jun 1995 11:40:00 PDT you wrote:
>After creating a helpfile in RoboHELP and generating the necessary ".CNT"
> files to integrate the helpfile into Win95, I get the error message,

> "Help cannot add the specified button. (1030)"

>The error message only appears once, and then the help file works fine.
>Because the helpfile retains the RoboHELP buttons instead of the Win95
>buttons, I was wondering whether the error message may be due to Win95
>trying to use its own buttons instead of RoboHELP's. Unfortunately, I am
>unable to remedy this problem. Please help.

It seems, first off, that Microsoft would probably be the best place to look
for information on this.

Above and beyond that, though, it occurs to me that it's probably a better to
idea to NOT do any development under Win95 until it is actually a released,
shipping product. There are still a number of bugs to be worked out (word is
it will eb released in August still containing a few hundred known bugs, but
that's beside the point), and the Win95 API is still in a state of flux, and
problems you're running into now may not apply by the time it's in the hands
of the general public.

Opinions expressed / ROCK-IT SCIENCE Mobile Audio and Security
do not necessarily /| ...the 1040 MIDI & Music BBS Technical Services
reflect those of any [ SOUNDMAN Internet mion -at- direct -dot- ca Fido 1:153/7106
marginally sane human \| WWW http://www.musicwest.com/1040bbs/
being anywhere. \ FAX: (604)253-8312 DATA: (604)732-4446