Re: I am the Thumbmeister

Subject: Re: I am the Thumbmeister
From: Stephen Victor <svictor -at- LGC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 1995 14:19:12 CDT

> >>I originated the thumbs remark, throwing it in as a sig during one of the
> >>many discussions of the spaces-between-sentences issue, and I've used it
> >>continually as a sig ever since.
> >>__________________________________________________________________________
> >>||- Mark L. Levinson, mark -at- sd -dot- co -dot- il -- Box 5780, 46157 Herzlia, Israel -||
> >>|| If God intended 1 space between sentences, why do we have 2 thumbs? ||
> >
> > Mark

<snip>

> > "If God hadn't wanted us to put two spaces after sentences, he/she wouldn't
> > have given us two thumbs!"
> > to paraphrase Mark L. Levinson

<snip>

> How about "If God hadn't wanted us to put two spaces after
> sentences, we wouldn't have two thumbs!"
> to paraphrase Mark L. Levinson

You know, this fascinating--if rather extended--discussion does beg a question:
Do you people really use both thumbs to type two spaces?

Stephen P. Victor svictor -at- lgc -dot- com
Landmark Graphics Corporation http://www.cda.ulpgc.es/steve.html
15150 Memorial Drive
Houston, TX 77009 USA