HUMOR Re: Definately (aside)

Subject: HUMOR Re: Definately (aside)
From: "Laura Lemay, Killer of Trees" <lemay -at- LNE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 1995 23:42:00 EDT

>>I sometimes say, with tongue in cheek, that I enjoy writing
>> science fiction, and software documentation is the closest thing to it.
>>
>I prefer to call it "speculative non-fiction", Gwen. ;-)

I am told that when I was born my mother wanted to call me Laura, but my
father had reservations. The name Laura Lemay, he said, sounded like
the name of a romance novelist.

I always argue that since romance novelists and technical writers have
similar goals -- making the act seem far better than it actually is --
he was not that far from the truth. :)

My other classic name joke concerns my mother's maiden name. It seems that
when my parents got divorced I wondered if I would end up with my mother's
maiden name, Hardy (I was young and I wasn't sure how these things worked).
I thought it would be neat to be a Hardy, until I realized that going
through life as Laura Ann Hardy was probably not the best of plans.

Tangents, tangents, sorry.

Laura
author
lemay -at- lne -dot- com