Definately

Subject: Definately
From: Richard Mateosian <srm -at- C2 -dot- ORG>
Date: Tue, 30 May 1995 23:54:02 -0700

I've seen "definately" so many times recently on so many lists that it can't
be a typo. A large number of people seem to believe that's the correct
spelling of "definitely."

I know, I know. So what. Perhaps I'm just in a curmudgeonly mood recently,
but I find it annoying. :-(

Perhaps someone with psychological insight can explain to me why it bothers
me so much. ...RM

Dr. Richard Mateosian Freelance Technical Writer srm -at- c2 -dot- org
Review Editor, IEEE Micro Vice President, STC Berkeley Chapter