RE. Screenwriting

Subject: RE. Screenwriting
From: Geoff Hart <geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
Date: Tue, 30 May 1995 08:32:02 LCL

For those who asked for a source of information on screenwriting,
James O. Connelly has been writing (for more than a year now) a column
entitled "From print to pictures" in Technical Communication. This is
an invaluable resource because the author actually does screenwriting
and comes from a tech. writing background. His early columns also
contain extensive bibliographies if you need to explore further. I'd
recommend these columns as a good starting point for anyone who is
interested in trying screenwriting.

BTW, for those who aren't members of STC, Technical Communication is
sufficiently widespread that you should be easily able to obtain it
via interlibrary loan. If you're not a member (here comes the plug!)
and thus don't subscribe to Tech. Comm., why not give it a try for a
year? You can generally deduct the membership fee from your taxes, and
I rarely find less than two or three interesting articles. Not
everyone loves the journal, but I find it a worthwhile investment. If
you attend the annual conference, this gets you a free subscription
anyway.

--Geoff Hart #8^{)}
geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

Disclaimer: These comments are my own and don't represent the opinions
of the Forest Engineering Research Institute of Canada.