Re[2]: Adobe on Windows NT

Subject: Re[2]: Adobe on Windows NT
From: "Eric J. Ray" <ejray -at- OKWAY -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU>
Date: Thu, 25 May 1995 11:21:31 -0500

Arlen is correct. I was curious so I had to check it
out.

I just successfully installed PS fonts with conversion
to True Type on my NT machine, then printed to a
networked PS printer. Then I installed more without
conversion to True Type, but retaining the PS info, and
printed those too. The second method doesn't allow
WYSIWYG viewing, but it prints fine.

You may have to reinstall your Postscript fonts before
it works right (they don't convert properly when you
install NT).

Eric
ejray -at- okway -dot- okstate -dot- edu

Subject: Re: Adobe on Windows NT
Author: "Arlen P. Walker" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- jci -dot- com> at SMTP
Date: 5/25/95 9:29 AM

Your Technical Communications Group is correct. Adobe Type Manager does
not run under NT. Nor does Adobe Acrobat Exchange. However, I believe
this issue is resolved if you just run NT on the server and run Windows
for Workgroups on you clients.

Sounds like solid reasons not to switch to NT to me. :{>}

Actually, our NT whiz claims NT doesn't need ATM, but supports type 1 in two
different ways. First, it will allow you to install type 1 fonts directly, and
use them for both display or printing. Second it supplies a conversion mechanism
which converts them to TT for use within the system. (He referred me to chapter
7 of the "Resource Kit." Not being one of the privileged acolytes in that
particular temple,I don't have access to that portion of the holy writ, so can't
comment. But perhaps the same incantation will be of help to you.)

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 124