Copyright

Subject: Copyright
From: David Dvorkin <ddvorkin -at- KAPRE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 24 May 1995 09:17:10 +0700

Harold Snyder wrote:

> The Copyright Law also prescribes that when copyright holders give or
> grant their permission for others to use their material (and the conditions
> the material can be used), the copyright holders relinquish any
> protection of their right afforded by the Copyright Law.

It's more complex than that, isn't it? My novels have "Copyright 19xx
by David Dvorkin" in them, but I've granted permission to the various
publishers to publish them. Nonetheless, other than the rights granted
to the publishers in the contracts, I still have all rights and haven't
relinquished those rights. (I hope!)