Word spacing

Subject: Word spacing
From: Richard Mateosian <srm -at- C2 -dot- ORG>
Date: Tue, 23 May 1995 22:25:00 -0700

>Actually, it has alot to do with "smart spaces" and nothing at all
>to do with page 4-21 which deals with line spacing.

We obviously have different manuals. I'm referring to "Using FrameMaker 4,
Windows & Macintosh Version." Page 4-21 deals with word spacing, not line
spacing.

The concept of "smart spaces" deals only with controlling the whether or not
two consecutive space characters can appear. Line spacing deals with the
amount of leeway you allow FrameMaker in increasing or decreasing interword
spacing to help it flow text smoothly from line to line. ...RM

Dr. Richard Mateosian Freelance Technical Writer srm -at- c2 -dot- org
Review Editor, IEEE Micro Vice President, STC Berkeley Chapter