Text Beneath Text

Subject: Text Beneath Text
From: George Hayhoe <GFHayhoe -at- AOL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 23 May 1995 09:44:46 -0400

In response to Mike Mcgraw's question:

What do you call the larger-size, lightly-shaded text often printed
underneath a normal page of text and used to identify the page as


I've seen this called a watermark. In fact, MS Word's online help uses this
terminology. ("A watermark is text or a graphic . . . that appears on every
page of a document.") You can locate the instructions for doing this with
Word by searching for help on the term "watermarks."

--George Hayhoe (GFHayhoe -at- aol -dot- com)

Previous by Author: Other Languages
Next by Author: What Makes Us Valuable?
Previous by Thread: Re: Frame vs. Publisher vs.
Next by Thread: Negroponte & The Future

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads