Re: Preserve the right to show your work in your contract

Subject: Re: Preserve the right to show your work in your contract
From: Marc Santacroce <santa -at- TFS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 22 May 1995 10:44:38 -0800

At 9:07 AM 5/22/95, Donna M. Sakson wrote:
>On Fri, 19 May 1995, Timothy Schablin wrote:

>> Is it safe to reveal the company names that these samples were written
>for?
>>
>> In other words, If a document was written for XYZ company, can I reveal
>> XYZ company's name, or do you think that company might not want others to
>> see those documents.

>In your contract, you might consider getting the right to show the published
>piece as a sample of your work (and to enter it in the STC
>publication/art/online competitions). If the client or employer objects, at
>least you know this up front. With potentially sensitive documents such as
>online employee handbooks, we've had to create a special portfolio version
>which the client has approved.

>Donna Sakson
>donna -at- sakson -dot- com
=========
Why didn't I think of that, great idea Donna. Do you give the client the
oppor6tunity to select the material to be used?

Technical Writer/Trainer TRW Financial Systems, Inc.
300 Lakeside Dr. Oakland, CA 94612-3540
(510) 645-3469 (W) (510) 944-9814 (H)
santa -at- tfs -dot- com (W) santacroce -at- aol -dot- com (H)

"An idiot with a computer is a better, faster idiot!"