Re: Left Margins for e:mail messages

Subject: Re: Left Margins for e:mail messages
From: Matt Ion <mion -at- DIRECT -dot- CA>
Date: Fri, 19 May 1995 23:46:00 EDT

On Fri, 19 May 1995 15:26:00 -0600 you wrote:

>doesn't have margins that you can control? (BTW, on the rare occasions I print
>an EMail, mine get printed with enough of a margin for binding. It seems to be
>automatically done, as my printer doesn't start at the left edge of the paper,
>but rather .5"-.75" inches in from the left. It's ironic, really. I get the
>margin automatically, even though I don't bind them.)

I dunno about you, but my printer drivers allow me to determine what the
margins of the printed are of a page should be... and my mail program
basically just does a straight text dump to printer. Should be simple enough
with drivers supporting this feature to set it up with a 1" margin on the left
and just let the printer do the auto-wrapping.

In fact, under OS/2, I could just create a separate printer object, using the
same driver but with the margins set appropriately... then it's just a simple
matter of dragging the message I want printed out of the mail proggie and
dropping it on the appropriate printer.

Opinions expressed / ROCK-IT SCIENCE Mobile Audio and Security
do not necessarily /| ...the 1040 MIDI & Music BBS Technical Services
reflect those of any [ SOUNDMAN Internet mion -at- direct -dot- ca Fido 1:153/7106
marginally sane human \| WWW http://www.musicwest.com/1040bbs/
being anywhere. \ FAX: (604)253-8312 DATA: (604)732-4446