Frame book

Subject: Frame book
From: Richard Mateosian <srm -at- C2 -dot- ORG>
Date: Fri, 19 May 1995 07:53:58 -0700

>The only third party Frame book I've found is "The Frame Handbook,
>Building FrameMaker Documents That Work" by Linda Branagan & Michael
>Sierra, O'Reilly & Assoc.

I haven't seen that one. Since O'Reilly publishes it, I assume it's for
unix. If you're in the Windows environment, I'd recommend Jann Tolman's
Visual Quickstart Guide to FrameMaker for Windows (Peachpit, ISBN
1-56609-097-0). Since FrameMaker has a great deal of cross-platform
uniformity, you might even use the book to help you on the Mac or in/under unix.

I've used Jann's services as a FrameMaker consultant, and I can tell you I
got my money's worth. She really knows how to use FrameMaker. The book was a
labor of love, involving a great deal of research and a meticulous process
of writing and layout (she gave Peachpit camera-ready copy). She probably
made about $1/hr for her trouble. ...RM

Dr. Richard Mateosian Freelance Technical Writer srm -at- c2 -dot- org
Review Editor, IEEE Micro Vice President, STC Berkeley Chapter