TechWhirl (TECHWR-L) is a resource for technical writing and technical communications professionals of all experience levels and in all industries to share their experiences and acquire information.
For two decades, technical communicators have turned to TechWhirl to ask and answer questions about the always-changing world of technical communications, such as tools, skills, career paths, methodologies, and emerging industries. The TechWhirl Archives and magazine, created for, by and about technical writers, offer a wealth of knowledge to everyone with an interest in any aspect of technical communications.
Title: Technical Writer, MS Word Style Sheet Expert
Location: Central New Jersey
Assignment: 7 months +
Rate: $30 to $33.50/hr.
Positions Available: 1
Reference Number: 71-95
The candidate shall create and maintain MS Word stylesheets and
macros for both PC Windows and Macintosh environments. Tasks
shall include the following:
1. Create and maintain Word for Windows V6.0 stylesheets.
2. Create and maintain Word for Windows V2.0 stylesheets.
3. Create and maintain MS Word for Macintosh V5.1 stylesheets.
4. Create and maintain Word for Windows V6.0 macros.
5. Create and maintain Word for Windows V2.0 macros.
6. Update the work menu glossary in Word for Macintosh V5.1.
7. Analyze and resolve stylesheet and macro problems and questions
from users via hotline.
8. Develop and maintain user instructions for the new stylesheet
1. Proficiency in the use of MS DOS and Macintosh environments.
2. Proficiency in the use of MS Word for Windows Vs 2.0 and 6.0.
3. Experience using MS WordBasic ( MS' macro language).
4. Proficiency in the use of MS Word for Macintosh V5.1, including
the Work menu and glossaries.
5. Familiarity with Novell Networks is desirable, but is not
Please E-Mail your resume to: soacon -at- ios -dot- com
or Fax or mail to:
SOA Consultant Services, Inc.
Att: Charles De Saro
100 Campus Drive, Suite 203
Morganville, NJ 07751
FAX (908) 536-1133
Phone (908) 536-3333
(Be sure to include reference number in all correspondence.)