Re: FrameMaker Book Question

Subject: Re: FrameMaker Book Question
From: Bob Morrisette <writer -at- SABU -dot- EBAY -dot- SUN -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 18 May 1995 08:24:15 -0700

At 9:15 AM 5/17/95, Dave L. Meek's User Account wrote:
>My company is switching to FrameMaker 5. While FM appears to
>have the features we need, it also has a reputation of having a
>"steep learning curve." Do any of you FM veterans have
>suggestions for a good third-party manual we can buy to help us
>get up to speed quickly?

>Thanks in advance!
>--Dave
>dave -at- disc-synergy -dot- com

I think I own every book written on FrameMaker.

"The Frame Handbook" by Branagan & Sierra (O'Reilly &
Associates) is the most useful to me. The 94 tips and
tricks are worth the price of the book.
It is written for the X Window System, but most of it
applies to other platforms.

The learning curve is not that steep. Frame 5 includes
8 modules of very good interactive CBT on using Frame.

Bob Morrisette
writer -at- sabu -dot- EBay -dot- Sun -dot- COM