Re: What do you call this

Subject: Re: What do you call this
From: Seth Greenberg <SETH -at- ELNICE -dot- NICE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 10 May 1995 14:22:50 GT-0200

> What do you call the circle a (@) that is commonly
> called the AT sign? I know there is a more precise
> name for it somewhere. Does anyone know it?

Here, in Israel, I have, on numerous occasions, heard
the @ referred to as the "strudel." For etymologists
who are not familiar with strudel, it's a sweet Austrian
dessert thats made by wrapping dough in a roll around
apples or other sweetened foodstuffs. The @ looks like
a cross section of a strudel.

Other than that, "at sign" is the only label I've ever
heard of for the @.

--Seth Greenberg
seth -at- marketing -dot- nice -dot- com
Tel Aviv

Previous by Author: Hello, and how does one come to do what you do?
Next by Author: Re: TIFF
Previous by Thread: Re: Prove reading
Next by Thread: Micro Solutions seminar experience?

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads