MOST UNKINDEST is Shakespeare

Subject: MOST UNKINDEST is Shakespeare
From: Mark Levinson <mark -at- SD -dot- CO -dot- IL>
Date: Wed, 10 May 1995 21:20:25 IDT

THE MOST UNKINDEST CUT is what Marc Antony called
Brutus' fatal wounding of Caesar in Shakespeare's
_Julius Caesar_.

I like to think of him as saying "This is the most--
(hesitation) unkindest cut of all," as if he when
he thought of the word "unkindest" he meant to cancel
out the "most". But I suspect it was just a
Shakespearean emphasis that today would be
unacceptable.

||- Mark L. Levinson, mark -at- sd -dot- co -dot- il -- Box 5780, 46157 Herzlia, Israel -||
|| If God intended 1 space between sentences, why do we have 2 thumbs? ||