TechWhirl (TECHWR-L) is a resource for technical writing and technical communications professionals of all experience levels and in all industries to share their experiences and acquire information.
For two decades, technical communicators have turned to TechWhirl to ask and answer questions about the always-changing world of technical communications, such as tools, skills, career paths, methodologies, and emerging industries. The TechWhirl Archives and magazine, created for, by and about technical writers, offer a wealth of knowledge to everyone with an interest in any aspect of technical communications.
Subject:CONTRACTOR POSITION: CENTRAL NJ; Technical Writer From:charles desaro <soacon -at- IOS -dot- COM> Date:Wed, 10 May 1995 10:32:07 -0400
Title: Learning Support Developer/Technical Writer
Location: Central New Jersey
Assignment: 6 to 12 months
Rate: $35/hr to $40/hr.
Positions Available: 1
Reference Number: 104-95
The candidate shall develop and maintain learning support
materials for our client. Major tasks will be:
1. Update approximately 20 paper user guides with new software
release changes (semiannually).
2. Develop and deliver a new release training package describing
software release changes (semiannually).
3. Develop and deliver other training materials, as required.
4. Interface with clients to determine and meet all their training
requirements (both new release training and on-going training
5. Represent the department in internal and external meetings.
1. Familiar with MVS operating environment.
2. Strong writing skills.
3. Be self-motivated with good ability to plan and manage work and
follow-up to ensure deliverables are met on time.
4. Knowledge of UNIX troff and Framemaker a PLUS.
Please E-Mail your resume to: soacon -at- ios -dot- com
or Fax or mail to:
SOA Consultant Services, Inc.
Att: Charles De Saro
100 Campus Drive, Suite 203
Morganville, NJ 07751
FAX (908) 536-1133
Phone (908) 536-3333
(Be sure to include reference number in all correspondence.)