Re[2]: The Technical Communicator as Lobbyist

Subject: Re[2]: The Technical Communicator as Lobbyist
From: "Arlen P. Walker" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 10 May 1995 09:53:00 -0600

It would also make manufacturers much more anxious to have good manuals!

It would seem to me that manufacturers then wouldn't want manuals which explain
the product clearly, but rather explain the product legally. And most everyday
citizens don't speak legalese.

In addition, most citizens might not understand the *legal* implications of the
way a statement is worded, and not realize that what they are trying to do is
inadvisable.

Still say it's a bad idea.

Have fun,
Arlen