Re: Re[2]: @ sign

Subject: Re: Re[2]: @ sign
From: "Hiatt, Michel" <MHIATT -dot- INT-MAIL -at- SMTP -dot- INTECOM -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 9 May 1995 11:17:00 CDT

It's called the ampersand.

NO, NO, NO! The ampersand is the "and" sign (&).

______________________________ Reply Separator
Subject: Re: @ sign
Author: HEP2 -at- AOL -dot- COM at INTERNET
Date: 5/9/95 10:07 AM

>What do you call the circle a (@) that is commonly
>called the AT sign? I know there is a more precise
>name for it somewhere. Does anyone know it?

>Karen Davis
>karene -at- asimov -dot- sc -dot- ti -dot- com

This came up on another forum and with vast amounts of research looking
through the OED, style guides, reference manuals, etc., everyone came up
the fact that it is called the AT sign.


Previous by Author: Re: No, No, No
Next by Author: Re: Flesch Readability Index
Previous by Thread: Re[2]: @ sign
Next by Thread: @ sign

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads