Re: The Technical Communicator as Lobbyist

Subject: Re: The Technical Communicator as Lobbyist
From: "Arlen P. Walker" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 9 May 1995 13:10:00 -0600

To give a less frivolous example, a ladder manufacturer who affixed a
warning sticker not to climb above a certain rung could not then be sued
by someone who climbed above it and then fell off.

Ah, I can see it now... suddenly a flood of ladders hits the market all with "Do
not climb above this rung" solidly and clearly affixed to the bottom rung of the
ladder.

(Count me as one who knows the *real* purpose of warning labels, and it isn't to
protect the consumer. :{>})

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 124